Terms & Conditions
By reserving a room at Winchester House, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
NO GROUPS STAYING FOR ‘A NIGHT ON THE TOWN’
We are a very small business and this requires us to be very strict with our cancellation policy. Cancellations will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the owner.
- Any cancellation or change in stay of more than 14 days in advance of the start of the stay – any deposit paid will be refunded in full or a credit voucher given.
- Any cancellation or change within 14 days to 48 hours prior to the start of the stay – a charge of the first nights stay will be applied.
- Any cancellation or change in stay within 48 hours prior to the start of the stay – the full charge of the stay will be made.
- If a guest arrives and decides to leave early the full stay will be charged.
- A no-show will be charged at the full charge of the stay.
Bookings may not be transferred to another customer
A short notice change in booking (within 2 weeks) a deposit of 1 nights stay will be taken. The new stay must be within 6 weeks of the original reservation.
Any cancellation not paid for by the time of the stay will be at risk of legal action.
No refunds will be given in any other circumstance
Check in is 4pm – 9pm. Early check in is not usually available.
Check out is 10am. Late check out is not available.
Payment in full must be made before check out. Payment can be made by debit card, credit card or cash. American Express cannot be taken.
Booking.com customers – payment is not taken at time of booking and payment will need to be made.
We will do our best to make that room available for you, but we cannot guarantee that that specific room will be available. We will offer you another room of equal or better value.
All rooms are up AT LEAST one flight of stairs. If you need a first floor room you MUST let us know at booking.
Smoking & Vaping Policy
This is a NO smoking or vaping building. Anyone found to be smoking or vaping in the building will be asked to leave immediately and a full charge for stay will be made. A fee may be charged for room cleaning if smoking or vaping takes place in the room.
Unfortunately our facilities are not suitable for children under 8 years of age therefore we do not accept children under 8 years to stay.
We ask that you are quiet in and around the building from 10pm until 7am for the comfort of all guests. All telephone calls must be taken in rooms or outside the building.
- Dogs are welcome in all rooms.
- Dogs must be trained and restrained as appropriate to any situation that may arise. They must be on a lead in the property.
- All dogs flea prevention treatment (e.g. Frontline) treatment must be up to date prior to arrival
- Dogs must NOT be left in the room unattended at any time. Any barking must be curtailed for all guests comfort.
- Guests are responsible for any damage or injury caused by their dog.