During the Covid-19 outbreak the following Terms and Conditions apply. These overrule any previous Terms and Conditions provided.
By reserving a room at The Winchester, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
NO GROUPS STAYING FOR ‘A NIGHT ON THE TOWN’
- Coronavirus Prevention
- Social distancing, as recommended by the government, should be observed at all times.
- All rooms are cleaned and disinfected between customers. All bedding and towels are changed.
- Hand gel is available throughout the premises. Please use this when entering the building, before leaving your room, and before entering and leaving the dining area.
- Owners will maintain social distancing where possible or a mask will be worn. If at anytime you are uncomfortable with social distancing please do say so an alternative method of facilitating your stay can be found.
- Coronavirus Outbreak or Suspected Outbreak
- If anyone in your party has coronavirus symptoms, as advised by the government, you let the owners know immediately.
- A stay may be cut short at anytime with no notice to the customer if any customer or owner has coronavirus symptoms (see cancellation policy section). The Winchester may close with immediate effect due to the size of the premises. The customer should follow government guidance for contact with a case of coronavirus.
- The Winchester may close immediately if we are notified of a positive case having stayed with us within 14 days prior to the current date for owners to self-isolate.
- Track & Trace
- If any party member has a positive result to a coronavirus test within 14 days after your stay with us you let us know immediately.
We are a very small business and this requires us to be very strict with our cancellation policy. Cancellations will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the owner.
- Any cancellation or change in stay of more than 14 days in advance of the start of the stay – any deposit paid will be refunded in full or a credit voucher given.
- Any cancellation or change within 14 days of the start of the stay – a charge of the first nights stay will be applied.
- Any cancellation or change in stay within 48 hours prior to the start of the stay – the full charge of the stay will be made.
- If a guest arrives and decides to leave early the full stay will be charged.
- A no-show will be charged at the full charge of the stay.
- Cancellation by the customer due to coronavirus: If you do need to cancel your stay with us due to a member of your party having a positive coronavirus test result or having symptoms of coronavirus this stay will not be charged. A no-show due to will be charged as above.
- Cancellations by The Winchester: Cancellations due to a suspected case of coronavirus will not be charged if the stay has not commenced. Cancellations due to a suspected case of coronavirus at The Winchester during a stay, you will be required to pay for any nights you have stayed before closure. Cancellations due to guidance to close the premises by government authorities will not be charged if the stay has not commenced. You will be required to pay for any nights you have stayed if the closure is during a stay.
Any cancellation not paid for by the time of the stay will be at risk of legal action.
No refunds will be given in any other circumstance
Check in is 4pm – 9pm. Early check in is not available during the coronavirus outbreak.
You will be asked to confirm on arrival that all party members:
have no symptoms of coronavirus, as per government advice
have not tested positive for coronavirus in the last 14 days
have not been in contact with someone with coronavirus in the last 14 days
Check out is 10am. Late check out is not available during the coronavirus outbreak
Payment in full must be made before check out. Payment can be made by debit card, credit card or cash. American Express cannot be taken.
Booking.com customers – payment is not taken at time of booking and payment will need to be made.
We will do our best to make that room available for you, but we cannot guarantee that that specific room will be available. We will offer you another room of equal or better value.
All rooms are up AT LEAST one flight of stairs. If you need a first floor room you MUST let us know at booking.
Smoking & Vaping Policy
This is a NO smoking or vaping building. Anyone found to be smoking or vaping in the building will be asked to leave immediately and a full charge for stay will be made. A fee may be charged for room cleaning if smoking or vaping takes place in the room.
Unfortunately our facilities are not suitable for children under 8 years of age therefore we do not accept children under 8 years to stay.
We ask that you are quiet in and around the building from 10pm until 7am for the comfort of all guests. All telephone calls must be taken in rooms or outside the building.
- Dogs are welcome in 3 rooms only. There room for up to 2 medium sized dogs.
- Dogs must be trained and restrained as appropriate to any situation that may arise. They must be on a lead in the property.
- All dogs flea prevention treatment (e.g. Frontline) treatment must be up to date prior to arrival
- Dogs must NOT be left in the room unattended at any time. Any barking must be curtailed for all guests comfort.
- Guests are responsible for any damage or injury caused by their dog.